About the Instructor
Will Terry has been a freelance illustrator for 23 years. He got his start working for magazines and newspapers in the Washington D.C. area. His early clients include publications such as Time, Money, WSJ and ads for Sprint, Pizza Hut, Fed Ex, and Master Card. He has illustrated about 30 children’s books for a number of publishers, including Random House, Simon & Schuster, Scholastic, and Penguin. He works out of his home studio in Utah.
Your next painting is just 10 steps away.
Will Terry reveals the 10 easy steps he uses to create stunning digital images. Beginning with the final drawing, Terry will build “Dragon Rider,” revealing each layer with explanations for choices, tools, methods and techniques. He will demo parts of the painting so you know exactly how he created it. This class also includes Will’s EXACT Photoshop Painting file in high resolution with all 30 layers! You will be able to deconstruct Will’s painting by turning on and off each of his layers and can also use it as a practice template to recreate his layers. This class also includes a bonus video on how to create digital texture using Will Terry’s personal methods.
You will learn:
- How to prepare your sketch for digital painting
- How to paint a sketch in 10 simple steps
- Will Terry’s personal methods for creating an image
- Will Terry’s preferred tools and settings in photoshop
- Will Terry’s method for creating digital texture
When you purchase this class you will receive:
- The HD recorded video "10 Step Digital Painting"
- PDF description of each of the 10 steps to digital painting
- Will Terry’s 30+ layer photoshop file
- Bonus video on how to use the texture tools in photoshop (all of Will Terry’s settings)
- TSDP 1 intro FREE
- TSDP 2 occlusion shadows FREE
- TSDP 3 cast shadows FREE
- TSDP 4 adding tone FREE
- TSDP 5 color studies FREE
- TSDP 6 color theme FREE
- TSDP 7 working background FREE
- TSDP 8 working middleground FREE
- TSDP 9 working foreground FREE
- TSDP 10 fine tuning FREE
- TSDP 11 color enhancement FREE
- TSDP 12 texture FREE
- Supplemental Materials FREE