About the instructor
For the last 19 years Jake has worked on everything from animated films to comics to picture books. For several years he worked for Reel FX and Blue Sky Studios on such projects as Horton Hears a Who, Rio, and Epic. He is the creator of the popular Inktober drawing challenge. Jake currently works as an illustrator and cartoonist on children's books and comics. He works out of his home studio in Utah.
Learn how to ink like a pro
Jake Parker has been inking for most of his drawing career. From comics to concept art, mastering the pen is essential for all artists. From his own studies and experience, insight from peers and mentors, and material from the best books on the subject he boils everything he's learned about the art form into one class.
In this class you will learn:
- What pens work best for inking
- How to make beutiful sweeping ink lines
- How to use a brush pen
- How to build up lines
- How to ink both hard and soft surfaces
- How to feather and produce gradients
This class includes:
- 32 page pdf of hi-res inking images, to study, copy and ink over
- 9 instructional videos
- list of best tools and materials needed for inking