About the Instructor
Lee White has illustrated over 25 books and has an international client base. Some of his clients include:
- National Geographic
- Arthur Levine Publishing
- Penguin Publishing
- United Airlines
and many more!
Lee has been working for the past 15 years as a professional illustrator and has also taught at the college level for the past decade.
Learn how to manage your freelance biz
So, you’ve got your freelance illustration business up and running. You’ve started advertising to your desired client base. Uh oh, now what do you do once you land that illustrating gig?
The focus of this video is about what to do once you land a job.
- What to ask a potential client when they are interested in your work
- How to estimate your project so you can set an appropriate fee
- How to negotiate if a client's offer is low
- How to interact with a client and look like a professional
- What to do before work begins
- What to look for on a contract
- What to look for once you get a job
- How to present your work to your client
- How to handle revisions
- How to avoid "project creep"