About the Instructor
For the last 19 years Jake has worked on everything from animated films to comics to picture books. For several years he worked for Reel FX and Blue Sky Studios on such projects as Horton Hears a Who, Rio, and Epic. He is the creator of the popular Inktober drawing challenge. Jake currently works as an illustrator and cartoonist on children's books and comics. He works out of his home studio in Utah.
Master perspective drawing.
Drawing in perspective is a key skill set professional illustrators rely on daily. Mastering it is essential to your success in the illustration world. In this class Jake will show the foundational principles of drawing in perspective. He will teach how to apply these principles to illustrating children's books and visual development for animated films and video games.
In this class you will learn:
- Drawing in 1, 2, and 3 point perspective
- How camera and eye position effect perspective
- How zoom effects perspective
- How shadows and reflections work with perspective
- How to add interest to your illustrations by manipulating perspective
- How to draw the figure in perspective
This class includes:
- PDF download of the class notes
- PDF download of 8 drawing exercises
- Download of Jake's PSD files from the class