About the Instructor
Marco Bucci spent seven years working in animation studios before going freelance to pursue his passion of illustration. Since then, he has provided artwork for clients such as Disney, Lego, LucasArts, LucasFilm, and Mattel Toys. Marco now works primarily on picture books, but still retains a penchant for teaching.
Hone your eye by learning from the source.
With the ubiquity of digital media in commercial art today, the discipline of painting outdoors with traditional media is often neglected. Let Marco inspire you to put together a small sketchbook and (re)kindle the joy of painting and studying directly from life. Tackling three different types of common subject matter, this video shows that nature truly is the best teacher.
What you'll learn:
- How to set up quickly and efficiently with a low-weight travel kit
- How to combine various wet and dry media freely and seamlessly into one sketch
- Building up a painting in physical layers
- Mixing pigments to build patchworks of color
- Common problems that arise while painting outdoors and how to deal with them
- How to edit and simplify nature into workable compositions
- Various methods of approaching a sketch
- The value of visual-journaling
If you have any questions for Marco about this class, e-mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org