About the Instructor
Lee White has illustrated over 25 books and has an international client base. Some of his clients include:
- National Geographic
- Arthur Levine Publishing
- Penguin Publishing
- United Airlines
and many more!
Lee has been working for the past 15 years as a professional illustrator and has also taught at the college level for the past decade.
Learn how to ramp up the emotion and meaning in your images
Visual Storytelling is an essential part of being an illustrator. Moving beyond artistic technique, this video deals with the fundamental issue of how to tell a story visually. Deciding WHAT to draw is often times more important than HOW it’s drawn. This video comes with 7 different assignments that address concepts relating to visual storytelling.
Some of what you will learn:
- Step by step techniques to evaluate stories effectively
- How to break down a pitch to sell your idea or story
- Common problems to avoid in your work
- How to generate ideas quickly that are focused and move your project forward
- How to establish meaning in an image
- Showing how the idea of time can give many options for storytelling
- Techniques for enhancing storytelling in both big encompassing ideas, and also with individual images
- Helps to critique your own work more effectively
- Enhancing drama so viewers care about your characters
What you need:
This class focuses on story and ideas more than artistic technique so no materials are necessary. To do the assignments you can use any media you feel comfortable with (traditional or digital)
If you have any questions for Lee about this class, email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org